June 5, 2009

WAHOO! Summer's here

Today was the last day of school :) This year was a "different" year because of the move and not actually "teaching", but I definetly still was stoked that it was the last day of school and that summer was here! Having to take down everything in the classroom and move all the furniture brought back lots of memories of last year's big move at school. That was a stressful time for me, and this year was NOT nearly as stressful. Thank goodness. In fact, yesterday was the last day with kids, and it was SO fun. I think my all-time favorite thing was the shaving cream ice skating that we did. Who would have thought that a big blue tarp covered in shaving cream would be so fun? I had so much fun squirting shaving cream on the kids as they were slipping and sliding around in the bathing suits! What a fun memory for them (and me... hehe)!
I am so excited to have a little break from working, but I am still going to be teaching at Sylvan, but it won't be as "intensive" as working with preschoolers! I was a little bummed today to say good-bye to my team that I worked with. One thing that I have been blessed with at the schools I have worked at so far, is that both of the teams have been awesome and so fun to work with! I still miss my old team in Utah, and I will miss these guys here in Colorado!
Happy Summer!

1 comment:

Gonzalez Family said...

We miss you too! Now the team is drastically different though. Only Joelle, Alyssa, and Alysha are there for next year with Kathy and 2 new teachers. CRAZY!!! I hope you have a wonderful summer with Josh and that you get to spend lots of time with each other.