It's quite obvious that I've slacked in this area of my life! I still get on here and blog stalk my friends and such, but the actual act of sitting here and updating on us... well that was out of the question apparently.
Things are pretty much the same for us, but different (awesome sentence, I know).

Josh at work one day
The handsome hubby is still patrolling the streets of Glendale and loving it. He is currently working his last week of this schedule (swings: 2pm-12am) before switching to his new schedule, which will be... drum roll please... bbbdddddddddddddd... GRAVES (8pm-6am). How do I feel about this you may be asking... well the answer would be: I HAVE NO IDEA. Am I excited, am I worried... I just don't know what to expect. Will I have a zombie of a husband due to lack of sleep? Will we get to actually "see" each other more than we did with the last schedule? Will I be able to keep myself (and the dogs) quiet while he's sleeping? Will I be able to sleep during the night by myself? We're hopeful. That's all we can be. There was really NO choice in the matter, so this is something we will HAVE to make work for us. I know that the Lord will help us, because He knows how hard the swing shift was for us to get used to (we did NOT get to see each other much at all- a lot like two ships passing in the night), and He helped us through it. Lots of tears and prayers, but isn't that how we learn (at least for me that's how it works)?
My old "classroom" all packed upAs far as life for the beautiful wifey goes... I will no longer be working in Gilbert as a Special Education teacher. I got a job again as a first grade teacher in Phoenix. Such an answer to prayer. The drive each way (45 min.) was getting to me, to us. That's a lot of time in the car! So, a 15 minute drive is much better- YAY. Another really fun thing about this job is that I will be working with a good friend. Her husband works with mine and we have all really gotten to know each other. It's been awesome! Kim knew that I was looking for a job. Her school was hiring and she put a good word in for me! Without all the nitty gritty details, let's just say God sure layed out the path for this job. I will be sad to not be working with the gals in Gilbert, but we'll still get together, and there's always facebook ;)
I'll stop there on the little update, but I will do a couple of more fun ones that tell about some of the fun things we've been up to since um... October (insert embarrassed face ;) )
3 comments:
Amber! I recall seeing your blog as a link on your Facebook, but I didn't realize that you regularly post on it! So glad you mentioned something about it on there so I could check you guys out! :). I must be bored (or semi-stalker-ish) because I just read/skimmed through all your posts...it was kinda nostalgic to read them, especially since much has happened in yours and Josh's lives and in everyone else in the family. Between this blog of yours and another one that I just discovered that my cousin does, I'm starting to wonder about doing one myself. Hmmmm...well, anyway, thanks posting! I feel as if I can better keep up with you two now. :)
Btw, that was me (Jen) who wrote that^^^ not Isaiah :). Just realized after is was posted that I needed to change the username on the account.
It sounds like things are going really well Amber! I am so happy to hear that. I hate getting used to Gustavo's new schedules, but they don't change as often as Josh's so I can only imagine how hard that must be. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you'll get lots of sleep and you'll still be able to see each other :) Also, good luck setting up your new classroom and getting ready for your return to first grade!
Post a Comment