Well, Josh and I have moved 3 times since we've been married, and another one is just around the corner. We have been preparing for this next move for months, but it has never been set. If things started to fall into place (like jobs and such), we were going to do it! So....
I officially accepted and signed a letter of intent at an Elementary school is Gilbert, Arizona. I will be teaching 1st and 2nd grade Special Education. I am SO excited :) After months and months of applying and interviewing, I got that call from my new principal, and I was so thrilled! Ironic as it is, I got this job through a phone interview, which is exactly how I got my last job at Meadow Elementary. The only difference is, I haven't met this principal AT ALL. I must have done pretty well over the phone :)
So, we/I are moving to Arizona next week. I cannot believe that it's happening that quick. I will be moving out first (into a condo that we're renting) and then Josh will move out when he has an academy date for the Glendale Police Department (in a later post I'll go into those details). So, we'll probably be apart for a couple of months. I am a little bummed that we're doing the long distance thing again, but I keep telling myself that if we could do that for 7 months then, we can do it for 2-ish months now. He has been told that September is the estimated time for the next academy class, so that's the latest that we would be apart.
Another fun thing is that we have been planning on buying a house this whole time, and we've put in offers on a couple of different ones. They are all short sales, which take awhile to go through, and they're perfect for our situation! We are so thrilled at the thought of being in our own place... we've yet to have that space, and have always wanted it, but the timing has never been perfect. We definetly feel like this is where we are supposed to be, and things are sure falling into place :)
3 comments:
Congrats Amber! I am so happy for you. It is so nice when things fall into place. I hope you will enjoy your new job and that Josh won't be away for too long. Sorry I dropped the ball on a letter of reference. I did fill out something for Deer Valley I believe. Is that the school you are at? Anyway, Congrats again!
Congratulations! It sounds like lots of things have changed from what I last knew. I am so happy you and Josh will get to settle down and Arizona is so close to your families. I hope everything continues to fall into place!
Congrats Amber! That is awesome! Nicole is teaching in Mesa, which is right by Gilbert, so you'll have to look her up. And congrats on buying a home! That is super exciting! Dan and I are working on buying a home in Ohio while he's in dental school, so I know how exciting it is! Good luck with the move and everything!
Post a Comment